Friday, April 16, 2010

Don't Ask If You Aren't Ready For The Answer

March 6, 2010
I learned today to not ask a question if I am not prepared to hear the honest answer.  This afternoon Brooklyn threw a HUGE fit because her cousin Jackson had to go home after playing at our house all morning.  She screamed and cried for almost 45 minutes.  I knew part of the tantrum was due to her being very tired so I ignored most of the behavior.  This evening while I was getting her ready for bed I talked to her about the way she acted.  Brooklyn was able to recall what she was doing and why she was acting that way.  She also was able to tell me that she made a really bad choice by acting that way.  I asked her if she was going to act that way again and she very honestly looked me right in my eyes and said, "Well probably."  I love you Brooklyn and thank you for keeping me on my toes!

2 comments:

  1. This picture of her is adorable!!!! How funny, she is a smart girl! Good job blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny..gotta love the truth in that! :) I am enjoying catching up...

    ReplyDelete