We celebrated Brooklyn's 3rd birthday by having a Princess Party, it was AMAZING! Brooklyn's love for the Disney Princesses started this summer when we took her to Disney World. She watched the princesses perform but was most impressed with Cinderella and her beautiful castle. Since that trip, Brooklyn has identified herself as Cinderella during any type of dress up play so it only seemed fitting to plan a Princess Party for our princess. Brooklyn invited friends, family, Cinderella and Prince Charming. A few days before the party Brooklyn and I called Cinderella (aka Ashley) to see if she would be attending the party. Brooklyn was speechless when she heard Cinderella on the line. Once she gained some composure, Brooklyn talked so fast even I could not understand what she was saying. (Did you teach her that, Lydia?) Brooklyn was so excited that Cinderella and Prince Charming were coming to the party that is all she could talk about. The day of the party went perfect. Brooklyn was able to share her special day with several friends and family members. I cried like a baby when Cinderella made her entrance and sang to Brooklyn. Brooklyn's face was priceless. The pure innocence of Brooklyn believing 100% that Cinderella was at HER birthday party was too much for me to take. I kept thinking how much I want my girls to believe in the goodness of princesses and princes and happily ever afters. I don't want the world to jade them and make them question if happy endings really exist. I know, it is waaaay to heavy for a 3 year old birthday party but as I mentioned in my previous blog, I get very emotional when it comes to my girls and wanting to protect them as long as possible. Anyway, we could not have asked for a more perfect way to celebrate Brooklyn's 3rd birthday.
The moment I start to cry like a baby
Friends from school
Brooklyn and the Princess birthday cake she picked out
Singing Happy Birthday to Brooklyn
Our REAL Prince Charming was partied out
And so was his princess......
And they all lived happily ever after.
No comments:
Post a Comment